The more Julie Plec tweets, the more I know I will absolutely not be watching Season 5. I mean really,
- Telling that fan who asked why Damon and Alaric were treating Elena like a goddamn trophy instead of a woman who has her own feelings, emotions and opinions, that it’s all about Damon’s man pain and wants and needs instead our main character’s. Also not addressing the fact that Alaric was completely OOC and not giving a shit about Elena when all of Season 3 he was telling Damon to stay away from Elena. Sometimes I can’t even believe she is a woman because this show completely degrades women so much.
- Asking why Bonnie needs to be living. Is that a joke? She barely had Bonnie interact with anyone while she was living, now that she is a ghost she’s going to interact with one character, Jeremy. Let’s be honest, they are only going to conjure her up when the characters need something, but at least now they have the excuse that she’s a ghost and can’t be around all the time. I’m rolling my eyes. So fucking done with them treating Bonnie’s character like shit.
- Completely deflecting any question regarding the fact that Elena seems completely brainwashed. Then she just blames it on the fact that we just want her with Stefan. Um, more like we’ve been watching the show for 4 years and we can tell when our main character is acting like a selfish robot. Sorry that we’re actually wondering about Elena’s well being instead of the triangle.
- Basically says the triangle will go on forever. Sorry, not here for that shit. Does she not realize that a good show doesn’t keep a triangle going on for as long as they have? Has she not realized that everyone is pretty much over the triangle? Has she not looked at the ratings? Has she not noticed that when the triangle was barely present, everyone was so into the show, now that it’s the main focal point in the story, everyone is turned off by it? So done.
- Regarding her EW interview about changing who gets the cure, she basically admitted that they are more focused on shock factor than an actual, consistent storyline. They are willing to throw all logic out the window in order to get a couple of gasps, but what she doesn’t realize is after those gasps, we’re turning our heads to the side and saying, “that doesn’t even make sense.” And actual critics of the show are too (not talking about E! and Wetpaint and all those sites). She needs to realize that sometimes you have to do things that may be predictable in order to tell a good story in the long run. Damon being human would have been such an amazing storyline for him and the show in season 5, but no we need to change it because people guessed that it was Damon getting the cure and we need to shock them even though it makes the most sense, JFC.
Anyways just keep talking JP, can’t wait to see your season premiere ratings, I bet they’ll be so fantastic!
Tyler/Elena over the seasons (requested by anon)
If Stefan and Silas were dating, i bet Damon would all of a sudden fall in love with Silas too.
so i did a thing.. #everything is stilas and nothing hurts.
(AU) If Silas had been here all along…